The House Captains lead each of our school houses. The houses are named after apples because the school was built on an apple orchard. The houses are Bramley, Winston, Russet and Empire. Each week the total number of housepoints for each house is counted and a trophy awarded to the winning house. The House Captains also organise inter-house competitions and cake sales.
We believe our job is to:
- discuss important matters and how to lead our Houses to victory
- encourage our Houses to earn lots of house points
- identify and carry out fund raising activities for the school and for chosen charities
- share our own and other pupils’ ideas with Mrs Johnson
- set a good example and be a good role model.
Our aim is to make Freegrounds Junior School an even happier and friendly place to learn. We want to encourage everyone to achieve their best and celebrate everyone’s successes in everything they do.
2016 – 17
This half term the School Council and House Captains have been working together with Mira Howard to prepare a powerpoint all about the school in Otavi, Namibia and the journey of the sweatshirts.
We are really thrilled that Mrs Howard is coming into school on Monday 13th March to collect letters written by some of our children and to talk to the the school about her trip which starts on the 23rd March. You can click on the link below to see the powerpoint that Kara, Max, Ruby and Mia have produced with Mrs Howard.
Learning about Health and Safety
Please click the link to read the minutes of our meetings: